We are looking for an experienced Program Development Manager to supervise a wide range of
programs. You will be responsible for the delivery and overall success of each program. You will
supervise and inform management on progress and performance.
A successful Program Development Manager must have a broad knowledge of program
management principles. They must have a strategic mindset as well as be able to lead and
develop their subordinates.
The goal is to ensure every program will be delivered successfully and add the highest possible
value to the organization.
- Initiate and set goals for programs according to the strategic objectives of the organization
- Plan the programs from start to completion involving deadlines, milestones and processe
- Develop or approve budgets and operations
- Devise evaluation strategies to monitor performance and determine the need for
- Supervise all program and project managers involved to provide feedback and resolve complex
- Discover ways to enhance efficiency and productivity of procedures and people
- Apply change, risk and resource management principles when needed
- Read reports prepared by managers to determine progress and issues
- Ensure program operations and activities adhere to legal guidelines and internal policies
- Keep senior management informed with detailed and accurate reports or presentations
- Drafting & circulation of MIC Monthly, Quarterly and Annual reports.
- Liaise with Coordinators in Isiolo & Kakamega to draft progress reports of the various
programmes on a monthly basis and circulate it to senior management.
- Drafting donor proposals for the different programmes (seniors feeding programme, Advocacy,
Education & Sustainability) when required.
- Drafting of stakeholder meeting minutes as well as maintain proper documentation and filing
- Generating content and Managing of all MIC social media platforms (Facebook, twitter,
Instagram & YouTube) to ensure visibility of all programmes
- Updating MIC website with relevant content
- Maintaining records of all media coverage
- Managing of the MIC google drive -ensure that all files/documents saved in google drive are in
- Assist in planning and execution of programme events
- Carrying out any other duties assigned by Senior management
Education and Experience
- Proven experience as program Manager or other managerial position
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods
- Excellent Knowledge of performance evaluation techniques and key metrics
- Outstanding knowledge of data analysis, reporting and budgeting
- Working knowledge of MS office and program management software (e.g., MS Project etc.)
- A business acumen with a strategic ability
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint essential), and experience of working with Photoshop, video editing softwares, graphic design, word press is highly recommended.
- Effective leadership skills with the ability to command respect and work cooperatively and effectively with others
- Excellent communication skills, including social media and multimedia skills, plus strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent command of English, (written, oral, comprehension) including highly developed drafting skills.
- An analytical mindset with great problem-solving abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- BSc/BA diploma in NGO management or a relevant field; MSc/MA is a plus
- At least 3 years’ experience working in Managing an NGO, Social Media Management,
advocacy, or communications and marketing, in an NGO, Corporates or Government.
- Must be fluent in English and Swahili.
- Kindly send us a Cover letter (maximum one page) followed by your CV (maximum two
pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application Deadline: January 3rd, 2022.