MIC is a registered NGO in Kenya and Canada whose main objective is to provide care to senior citizens through comprehensive programmes that aims to restore hope and dignity. We are currently supporting a total of 650 seniors from Isiolo and Kakamega Counties.
MIC requires an agricultural consultant to provide business and technical advice that will ensure maximum use of our land as well as commercial viability.
Agricultural Consultant will perform a variety of functions and roles including:
- Develop business plans on the maximum use of the land inclusive of a budget
- Responsible for ensuring compliance on issues surrounding modern farming
- Provide advice on new farm machinery or new farm buildings that will be required
- Implement methods of improving the soil as well as advice on the use of fertilizers, weed killers or other materials used on farms
- Provide guidance on types of crops to grow as well as the best types of seeds to use
- Responsible for measuring performance and analyzing data such as crop yield.
- Organize and conduct field trials to find solutions to problems incurred
- Provide expertise on better methods of keeping and feeding livestock as well as animal diseases and pest control
- Undertake administrative duties, managing budgets and accounts, updating information, and preparing reports.
- Keeping up to date with relevant developments with the aim of introducing alternative farming methods.
- Train farmworkers/farmhands on farm management
Skills and Attributes
Education and Experience
- Effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to command respect and work cooperatively and effectively with others
- Good business acumen
- Technical and analytical skills with the ability to explain findings clearly
- The ability to find ways of solving or pre-empting problems
- financial skills and the ability to manage budgets
- Good attention to detail and accurate record keeping.
- University Degree in agriculture, horticulture, plant science, soil science, environmental science or a related subject.
- Minimum 3-5 years management experience working on a farm
- Must be computer literate and proficient in all Microsoft Packages.
- Must be fluent in English and Swahili.
- Must have a driving license
Kindly send us a Cover letter (maximum one page) followed by your CV (maximum two pages) to email@example.com
- Application Deadline: 21st August 2020 at 12am.